Long Beach Memorial
Published on 11 years ago
Location: Long Beach
Long Beach Memorial
|Position :||Supv Pathology Level (A)|
|Location :||Long Beach, CA|
|Industries :||Healthcare Services|
|Job Type :||Full Time
|Years of Experience :||2+ to 5 Years|
|Education Level :||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Career Level :||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
|Job Category :||Medical/Health|
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our people. Whether it’s our recognition as one of the nation’s Top 100 Health Systems or outcomes that repeatedly exceed the expected, you’ll be energized by our commitment to innovation, continuous learning and your professional and personal growth.
Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our people in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. We are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Supervisor, Pathology supervises 24 hour operations of the clinical laboratory in Fountain Valley, CA, and supervises operations at the OCHRL including services provided to Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Healthtech patients at the MHL draw station. The position oversees 16 full time employees and technical areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation and Urinalysis. The position is responsible for all aspects of the operation, including staffing, regulatory oversight and coordination of services or the hospital and outreach patients. The successful candidate will have the technical and supervisory skills necessary to maintain service levels and staff morale. Interpersonal and customer service skills are essential for this position.
- A current CA state license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist is required.
- ASCP Certification is desired in addition to State license.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in the particular subspecialty or operational environment is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of laboratory activities as they impact laboratory services.
- Knowledge, where indicated, of billing procedures, coding, and regulatory requirements.
- Positive guest relations skills are critical to the position.
- Must be able to interact with laboratory personnel who have high degrees of technical expertise in specialized areas.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills in handling professional and/or non-professional workforce.