Published on 11 years ago
Location: Adelaide, Sydney
Director, Nursing and Midwifery Western Sydney Local Health District
Westmead, Full-time, Term Appointment, Job Ref No HES/2013/14
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant for a contract period of up to 5 years, with annual performance reviews.
The Director of Nursing and Midwifery ensures workforce planning and effective people management strategies are in place that attract, recruit, develop and retain quality nursing and midwifery staff to provide excellent patient care to the community served by the LHD. The role provides effective leadership to the nursing and midwifery professions across the LHD. The Director will ensure the development and implementation of the clinical scope of practice for both nurses and midwives. This will be supported by appropriate standards and professional development strategies. The Director is responsible for developing and implementing a framework for continuous improvement in the quality of service and
practice, safeguarding high standards of care, encouraging excellence in clinical care through promotion of clinical governance and support effective patient flow, appropriate utilisation of hospital care settings and development of ambulatory and community based health services. In undertaking this role the Director works closely with facility Directors of Nursing and Midwifery, facility managers and relevant clinical network senior nursing and midwifery staff as well as other key members of the local site management teams.
Applications must address the following Selection Criteria:
1. Current Registration as Registered Nurse Division 1 or Registration as a Registered Nurse Division 1 and Registered Midwife with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia.
2. Proven experience at a senior nursing/midwifery management level and demonstrated record of achievement in management in a large and complex organisation.
3. Demonstrated experience in budgetary, financial and human resource management including strategic/business planning, integration and evaluation skills to ensure available resources are used effectively within the LHD
4. Demonstrated analytical, conceptual, problem-solving/negotiation and change management skills.
5. High level communication and interpersonal skills to ensure relationships are built and maintained with relevant staff and groups to support high quality services and professional practice.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of government regulations/policies, nursing and midwifery issues, objectives/reform agendas, transformational practice development within nursing and midwifery, continuous quality improvement and ability to apply that knowledge to local health network needs.
7. Appropriate tertiary qualifications preferably at Masters level or equivalent experience.
To be eligible for appointment you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
Inquiries: Mr Danny O’Connor, Chief Executive, Western Sydney Local Health District, Telephone: (02) 9845 9940
Information Packages: Click here to download the Information Package
Closing date: 19 March 2013
REF13/25 Assistant Policy Officer, Clerk Grade 5/6, NSW Office for Health and Medical Research
Assistant Policy Officer (Research Governance), NSW Office for Health and Medical Research
Location: North Sydney
Classification & Grade: Clerk Grade 5/6
Salary Range: $72,242 – $79,711 p.a.
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: 05/03/2013
Purpose of position is to: assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of systems, programs, policies and guidelines to support the effective ethical review and governance of research in the NSW public health system, contribute to the provision of advice to a large range of stakeholders on matters relating to research ethics and governance and assists in the development of high level advice on health and medical research, research ethics and governance issues to the Minister, the Executive, Local Health Districts and other personnel in NSW Health as appropriate.
1. Knowledge and understanding of research ethics and governance principles and processes related to health and medical research, including a sound understanding the role and operation of Human Research Ethics Committees and ethical issues related to health and medical research.
2. Understanding and knowledge of NSW public health system
3. Demonstrated initiative and ability to analyse and interpret direction with minimum supervision as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in dealing confidently and courteously with people at all levels (particularly high level academics, researchers and clinicians) as well as the ability to compose and present ministerial briefs and correspondence and note taking and transcribing skills for meetings and workshops.
5. Excellent organisational skills, especially in relation to the preparation of agendas and meeting papers, the organisation of large seminars, functions etc, and the ability to prioritise competing tasks and activities.
6. The ability to become familiar with, and assist others in AU RED, online forms website and various IT systems
7. Demonstrated experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software, as well as web tools and document management and file tracking systems such as TRIM.
Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply.
All applications must be submitted on line via jobs.nsw.gov.au to be considered.
Your application must include your response to the selection criteria, up to date resume/CV and an optional cover letter.
You are advised not to delete any “Relevant Files” that you upload in the jobs.nsw application system until you know the outcome of your application, including your Resume/CV and/or Cover Letter. Doing so will result in the selection committee being unable to access your application.
Position Inquiries: Contact James Cokayne Principal Policy Officer on (02) 9391 9228
CLIENT SERVICE OFFICER
Work Health Safety Division
WorkCover Authority NSW
Safety Return to Work & Support Division
- Located in the CBD of Parramatta (Western Sydney)
- Package up to $ 73K
- Working within a small friendly collegial team environment.
- Permanent Part time, 2 days/week (Monday, Tuesday)
This job is for you if you:
- You are self motivated, have highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with internal staff and external stakeholders and a team player capable of working independently and effectively within a busy team with minimal supervision.
- You have substantial experience in providing clerical and administrative support to Team Managers, Coordinators and staff as well as providing front line services to clients who visit or telephone the Office.
- You are capable of using initiative when required to provide administrative support for the efficient and effective delivery of services, to the people of NSW.
The Safety, Return to Work & Support Division (SRWSD) incorporates the
- Office of the WorkCover Independent Review Officer, who independently reviews procedural matters for work capacity assessments and oversights investigation and complaints about workers compensation;
- Motor Accidents Authority of NSW, managing the State’s compulsory third party insurance scheme;
- Lifetime Care and Support Authority of NSW and the Workers Compensation (Dust Diseases) Board who are both unique organisations in Australia focused on case management resulting from an insurance claim; and
- WorkCover Authority of NSW, the second largest insurance company in Australia.
When you join the Safety, Return to Work & Support Division, you will work with diverse businesses and a great team of people.
Your passion and drive will help to transform people’s lives.
About The Position:
- Position Status: Permanent, Part Time (2 days/week- Monday, Tuesday)
- Remuneration Package: Up to $73,939 including employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading. Package includes salary of ($61,198 – $67,010). *Based on fulltime hours.
- Learn More: Please click here for the information package which includes a position description and what you should address when applying for this position, including the Selection Criteria.
For enquiries, please contact the Hiring Manager, Patrick Legge, on (02) 9841-8422 .
How to Apply:
- Selection criteria: Candidates must include sufficient information in their resume for the selection committee to assess merit against the selection criteria set out in the information package.
For tips on addressing selection criteria in your resume please see the guide located within the information package.
- Closing Date: 11:59 pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 12 February 2013
Your application is to:
- be submitted by the nominated closing date and time
- be submitted on line via jobs.nsw
include your resume/CV:
- including contact details of at least two (2) referees (ideally one being your current or a recent manager)
- you may also attach an optional covering letter (maximum 1 page or 500 words) if you wish.
- Your consent to undertake a criminal background record check, and a satisfactory outcome, is a requirement of employment in this position
- You are advised not to delete any “Relevant Files” that you upload in the jobs.nsw application system until you know the outcome of your application, including your Resume/CV and/or Cover Letter. Doing so will result in the selection committee being unable to access your application.
- TTY (Telephone Typewriter) facilities are available for people who are speech or hearing impaired. If applicants require this service, please call TTY 4325 4304.
Senior Legislative Publications Officer
Parliamentary Counsel’s Office
Clerk Grade 5/6
Total Remuneration Package: Up to $87,961 per annum. Package includes salary ($72,242 – $79,711), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
This job is for you if you:
- have advanced editorial skills and a high level of attention to detail,
- have thorough organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure,
- are interested in computer-based publishing and checking work,
- are able to train and guide staff.
In this role you will:
- Perform editorial checking and quality control to ensure draft legislation and related publications produced by the Parliamentary Counsel’s Office are timely and accurate and of the highest quality.
- Perform computer-based tasks associated with the passage of legislation, including updating the NSW Legislation Database, checking amendments in committee, producing prints, and maintaining records.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of various legislative publications services and train and supervise staff in methods of incorporation using specialised software, in checking procedures and production methods and processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
Closing date: 5 February 2013
To view further responsibilities and additional information regarding this rewarding role, visit our website.
We encourage you to submit your application online. If you experience technical difficulties please contact Job Support on 1800 562 679 . For help with your application please contact ServiceFirst (02) 9372 7194 .
Please click the “Apply Now” Button below.
Manager, Strategy and Policy.
Mental Health Commission of New South Wales
Clerk Grade 11/12
- Mental Health
- Total remuneration package valued up to $138,137 per annum (Salary: $108,242pa – $125,181pa) includes employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
The position of Manager, Strategy and Policy offers the opportunity to contribute to mental health reform in NSW. The Manager is a senior position reporting directly to the Executive Director. They are charged with advancing the mission of the Commission through research, evaluation and analysis of existing policy and the development of strategic advice regarding the future direction of NSW mental health.
Previous applicants need not apply
Closing date: Sunday 10th February 2012
Learn more: More information is available here
For enquiries: Carlton Quartly, Executive Director 02 9859 5200
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Please click the “Apply Now” Button below.