Title: IT Systems Engineer III Reports to: Network Operations Manager
Salary: Commensurate to Experience and Certifications Mandatory Certifications
Required to Apply:
Only serious professionals with strong credentials will be considered. – Microsoft Server 2008R2 or Exchange 2010 – MCITP – Cisco Networks – CCNA
Summary of Position:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT professional that enjoys a fast pace and likes to help drive growth. The primary role of a Managed Services Engineer is to provide remote (NOC) and onsite support of highly varied IT typologies, to include: providing assistance with LAN/WAN/Internet connectivity, set up and support of servers, workstations and printers, domain changes, resolution of e-mail problems, and assistance with desktop HW/SW problems. Successful Engineers must exercise discretion and independent judgment in resolving mission critical customer issues, making administrative changes to live systems that affect email, DNS, etc., and that could have a material impact on the customer’s business operations.
Duties & Responsibilities: –
– Create and follow standard issue tracking and internal processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document actions taken and results achieved while installing, configuring, and troubleshooting, customer’s HW/SW issues.
– Troubleshoot complex problems with root cause analysis and communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and complete manner.
– Function as the subject matter expert and final authority to all level 1-2 and complex system failures, outages, and non-standard issues that may be escalated to you.
– Undertake special projects and perform side duties as requested.
– Communicate with NOC Operations Manager regarding any process improvements that may help to increase the team’s ability to successfully support its clients.
– Maintain knowledge of industry trends, best practices, system benchmarks, and overall technical acumen, and contribute to design/engineering discussions and the development of complex IT solutions for SMB/Enterprise networks.
-$75,000 to $100,000