Published on 1 month ago
Company: Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited
Location: Suva, Fiji
Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited is seeking Tax Accountant Insurance Officer. Job location Suva, Fiji. Applications can also be emailed to…
Industry: Accounts / Finance Job Nature: Full Time
Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited is seeking Tax Accountant Insurance Officer Suva
Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited, one of the largest organizations in the private sector is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced individual for the following position to be based in our main office in Suva. If you have the drive and enthusiasm to succeed then we will surely like to hear from you!
Tax Accountant, Insurance Officer Job Vacancies at Carpenters Fiji PTE Limited
Post Name: Tax Accountant
This position will assist in ensuring compliance with tax laws and regulations, supporting tax planning strategies, and contributing to the overall tax efficiency of the company.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Support the preparation and submission of accurate and timely tax returns, including income tax, pay as you earn (PAYE) and value-added tax (VAT).
- Conduct tax research and stay updated on changes in tax laws to aid in compliance and minimize tax liabilities.
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller to develop and implement tax planning strategies to optimize the company’s tax position and minimize tax risks.
- Assist in the preparation of tax provisions and accruals for financial reporting purposes.
- Collaborate with external tax agent to ensure accurate and efficient tax reporting and compliance.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices related to taxation to contribute to process improvements and cost savings.
- Provide support to other departments within the organization on tax-related matters.
- Assist in resolving any tax-related disputes or inquiries from tax authorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with FRCS Tax Payer Online Portal and MS Office applications
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and prioritize tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Post Name: Insurance Officer
- Implanting insurance strategics
- Procuring insurance policies
- Risk assessment
- Claims management
- Compliance with insurance regulations
- Insurance budgeting and cost control
- Risk communication and training
- Relationship management
- Continuous improvement and evaluation
- Submission of regular management information
Qualifications and Knowledge must include:
- Knowledge of Insurance agencies,
- Up skilling of insurance product knowledge
- Tertiary qualification of a Diploma in, Finance & Insurance or equivalent
- CIP qualification. (Certified Insurance Personal)/ ANZIIF. (Optional but not necessary)
A written application, with detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences, are to be forwarded to the under mentioned no later than Tuesday 7th November, 2023.Head of Group Human Resources
Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited
Po Box 299 Suva, Fiji
Applications can also be emailed to:- email@example.com with subject as the position applied for.
Fiji Islands Jobs