Published on 4 weeks ago
Company: Marlborough Girls’ College
Location: Marlborough, New Zealand
Marlborough Girls’ College is hiring School Attendance Advisor. Job Location New Zealand. Please forward applications including the completed application form directly to…
Industry: Education Job Nature: Fixed Term, Part Time
Marlborough Girls’ College New Zealand is hiring School Attendance Advisor
Our(Marlborough Girls’ College) purpose is to develop young women who are independent learners with the skills and attributes to tackle existing and future challenges, to make our community, our nation and our world a better place. The school community works together to challenge and empower everyone to learn and achieve their personal best. Te Kareti Kohine o Wairau
School Attendance Advisor Job Vacancy at Marlborough Girls’ College Marlborough New Zealand
Post Name: School Attendance Advisor in Marlborough
School Attendance Advisor – Part time 0.75 FTE,
30 hours per week, 40 weeks per year, term time only
Fixed Term for two years
The Marlborough Attendance Service is looking for a School Attendance Advisor. The primary purpose of this service is to support akonga to attend and engage in learning at school.
The School Attendance Advisor will work collaboratively with akonga, schools, whanau, the Ministry of Education, iwi and other organisations and agencies in our community.
The School Attendance Advisor is employed by Marlborough Girls’ College on behalf of all Marlborough Schools. They will report to the manager of the Attendance Service and Principal.
The School Attendance Advisor will put akonga and whanau at the heart of their practice, be collaborative and strengths based, inclusive and culturally affirming.
We are looking for a person who:
- Will support a high functioning and collaborative team that makes a positive difference to school attendance across the Marlborough region.
- Can evidence working effectively with akonga, young people and teenagers, across cultures and communities.
- Understand, encourage and promote learning to support akonga to the value of their education.
- Connect with and work alongside schools and teachers to positively impact upon akonga attendance and engagement.
- Work effectively with whanau to support akonga attendance and engagement.
- Are positive and consistent in pursuing successful attendance at school for all akonga and their whanau.
- Know our community and the wide range of support groups and organisations available to support akonga attendance and engagement in school.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills across all sectors
The successful applicant will be competent using databases to connect with schools and monitor akonga attendance over time. Training and support will be provided. This position does not require a teacher qualification and the successful applicant will need to be police vetted.
The Job Description and application forms are available on request.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 13 November 2023 and should be addressed to Mary-Jeanne Lynch, Principal Tumuaki.
Please forward applications including the completed application form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.Marlborough Girls’ College
21 Mclauchlan Street, Springlands,
Blenheim 7201, Marlborough, New Zealand
New Zealand Nz Jobs
Heddon Bush,Southland,New Zealand