Morris Hedstrom is hiring Bakery Supervisor Baker Cook. Job Location Suva Fiji. Send written applications and resume stating qualifications and experiences to…
Morris Hedstrom (MH) is Fiji’s largest wholesale and retail organisation with a chain of Supermarkets and Homemaker (variety) Stores. Its evolution into today’s large trading enterprise began in 1910 when Suva’s Arthur Joske Limited and Levuka’s Morris Hedstrom and Company joined forces to become “store-keepers, general merchants, wine and spirit merchants, insurance agents, auctioneers and planters.” MH now concentrates on retail and wholesale operations and the “MH” name has become a part of the fabric of Fiji life.
Bakery Supervisor Baker Cook Job Vacancies at Morris Hedstrom Suva Fiji
It is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position to be based in our Bakery in Flagstaff Superbake, MH Superfresh and MHCC Bakery.
Post Name: Bakery Supervisor
- Supervise, coordinate and assist in the activities of the bakery staff engaged in proper cleaning, weighing, mixing, cutting, baking, cooking in the preparation of all food items, and supervises and coordinates the tray setup according to menus and specifications for bakery.
- Ensure quality and consistency according to specifications and recipes.
- Requestion food according to menus and planned production for bakery.
- Supervise bakery staff to ensure proper sanitizing of hand and equipment, following of safety rules and that work areas are kept in a clean and safe condition.
- Supervise ongoing productions of baked items; ensure quality is according to specifications ensure proper chilling times according to delivery runs.
- Performs other related duties as may be required by the mission of the company.
- Must have good pastry skills such as baking cake decorating and writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of oral and written English.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have good customer service skills, and strong leadership abilities to work with a team.
- Basic knowledge of all relevant machinery used in food production.
Post Name: Baker
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
- Certificate or Diploma in Baking/ Hospitality will be an added advantage.
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role.
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters.
- Understanding of food safety practices.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts.
Post Name: Cook
- Design attractive menu and prepare various types of local Indian and Chinese dishes.
- Maintain high standards of food preparation and presentation.
- Ensure kitchen stock is at adequate level at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness, hygiene and safety at all times.
- Able to handle administration tasks.
- Certificate or Diploma in Culinary/ Hospitality will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years working experience as Chef/Cook specialized in Indian, Chinese & local dishes.
- Mature personality, versatile in performing multi tasks.
- Flexible for shift work.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
If you fit the criteria for the above position and are interested in an excellent career opportunity, please send written applications and resume stating qualifications and experiences to the undermentioned no later than 28th August, 2023. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.
Head of Group Human Resources Carpenters Fiji PTE Limited PO Box 299 Suva
All queries can be directed to Morris Hedstrom HR Team Phone Number: 9922869.
Daniva Rd, Suva, Fiji