Published on 6 years ago
Company: Petroleum Sarawak Berhad
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia
PETROS- Petroleum Sarawak Berhad Career Opportunities for Chief Operating, Finance Officer and HR Manager. Location at Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. Please submit your application and state the role you are applying to mail….
Industry: Accounts / Finance, Engineering, HR / Administration Job Nature: Full Time
PETROS Career Opportunities for Chief Operating, Finance Officer and HR Manager
PETROS- Petroleum Sarawak Berhad is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Chief Finance Officer (CFO), Chief Operations Officer (COO) and HR Manager (HRM).
PETROS is a newly formed energy company solely owned by the State Government of Sarawak. Its mission is to actively participate, in a variety of capacities, in the exploration and production of energy resources with focus on oil and gas, particularly in Sarawak.
PETROS job openings for Chief Operating, Finance Officer and HR Manager
Post Name: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate, outcome driven, with strong business acumen and a track record of delivery and proven leadership as the CFO of PETROS. The CFO, in partnership with the CEO and the Board, is responsible for driving Petros.
Job Description: In this role, the CFO will be tasked to setup and lead the finance department, and will be reporting directly to the CEO. Candidates must come with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Among the responsibilities are:
* Ensure compliance with statutory requirements of relevant statutory bodies.
* Responsible for making sure the business achieve revenue, financial risk targets and expenses within budget
* Responsible for developing suitable financial and operating procedures to improve operational efficiency
* Responsible for managing the financial risks, financial planning, record-keeping as well as financial reporting.
The Successful Applicant: The ideal CFO will be confident in leading the business and be responsible for the growth of the company and must possess the following requirements:
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with a Professional Qualification (ACCA/CPA/ICAEW/CFA).
– At least 15 years of experience in a similar capacity, and working experience in a related position. Knowledge of petroleum fiscal regimes (e.g. PSC) is an advantage.
– Good understanding on corporate finance & investment.
– Confident and good team player with excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
– Ability to work and excel in a fast paced and aggressive environment.
– Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting IT applications.
Post Name: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
We are seeking for a candidate who is passionate, outcome driven, with proven operational leadership as the COO of PETROS. The COO, in partnership with the CEO and the Management Team, is responsible for the operational success of PETROS.
Job Description: Together with the CEO and the PETROS Management Team, the COO is to assist PETROS to achieve its objectives. The COO is responsible for the operational management of PETROS, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the CEO and Board. As PETROS is in its start-up stage, the immediate roles include:
* Setting up the organisation – in conjunction with the Board, resource the next level of management team; establish the organization structure; resource the organization with the right capability; develop the right organization culture; put in place fit-for-purpose and robust governance, processes and systems; and set short, medium, and long-terms business priorities.
* Providing strategic direction & road map, leadership and effective and efficient management.
* Modelling and setting the Company’s culture, value, and behaviour.
The ideal Candidate:
* Proven leadership experience in the COO’s role or in managing a significant business entity preferably in oil and gas industry.
* Proven track records in stakeholder management, influencing & negotiating skills, engagement & communication skills, commercial and financial management, HSSE, and governance & legal compliance.
* Able to deliver high quality work.
* Possesses university degree recognized by the Government of Malaysia.
* At least 10-years experiences in oil and gas industry.
* while this position is open to all Malaysians, preference will be given to suitable Sarawakians.
Post Name: Human Resource Manager (HRM)
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate, outcome driven, with strong and proven HR leadership as the HRM of PETROS. The HRM, in partnership with the CEO and the Management Team, is responsible for the HR matters including talent recruitment and human capital development.
* Lead and drive the company’s Human Resource functions to ensure a ready pool of competent, resilient and adaptable workforce
* Plan and direct HR department activities to deliver HR and Talent Management policies, processes and value delivery
* Lead organizational design and culture transformation driving operational excellence, organization morale and high performance workforce
* Overall responsible to deliver end-to-end HR systems including talent acquisition and manpower planning, learning and development, employee/industrial relations, performance and rewards for employees, and change management.
♦ Conceptualize, conceive and formulate comprehensive long-term HR strategies and operational plans that align to the PETROS business objectives and corporate agenda.
* Ensure all controls, monitoring, tracking and compliances processes are in place and in line with corporate guidelines and regulatory requirements.
The ideal Candidate is required to have the following Competencies:
* Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree and relevant Professional Qualification in Human Resource would be an advantage
* At least 10 years of experience in a similar capacity
* Good understanding on corporate and HRM matters
* Confident and good team player with excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Able to work and excel in a fast paced and aggressive environment
The Terms and Conditions (for all 3 positions):
The role is a 3-year term with further extension possible. Attractive terms and conditions await the candidates with the right qualifications and experiences.
Please submit your application and state the role you are applying to: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Or
Mail submission to
Petroleum Sarawak Berhad
Oil & Gas Sector, 9th Floor,
Wisma Bapa Malaysia
Petra Jaya 93502 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Your application will be treated with confidentiality. Please contact 082-446601 or 082-514518 for any enquirers.
Closing date: Please ensure that your application reaches us on or before “30th November 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Finance officer jobs
Human resources Jobs
Jobs in Kuching
Kuala Lumpur,Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
Jobs in Malaysia
Jobs in Sarawak
HR / Administration